Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's Goodnight From Vando



Vando, Sydney-based writer of The Jason Recliner, has announced the 'final recline'.

Knowing there's no coming back has let the already-candid Vando truly let rip.

Transmedia planning is described as: "a wank... just a fancy term for coming up with a well rounded media plan."

Second Life: "Not only is it weird, it's dying."

And on trade magazines: "do we really need... weekly mags where everyone in advertising talks about each other and bla bla bla. At the end of the day, if a Creative Director at Watkins, Spruce and Gribley thinks a competitive ad for Fruit Loops is crap, who gives a shit. Ad folk could spend more time educating their clients rather than their colleagues, but that doesn't win new business does it?"

Goodbye Vando, you'll be missed.

The Marketing Blogs section of my sidebar's looking rather threadbare. Anyone know any good ones?

13 comments:

johan said...

Try sho.wca.se. It's all new, so not much there yet, but I'm working on it

BTW, love your blog. The best adblog I've found so far

johan said...

... missed tha part about marketing, but still, it's worth a try

Anonymous said...

There is so much in advertising to take the piss out of. I have to pretend to take it seriously. Inside I'm laughing my had clean off at it's absurdities. And raking the cash in until I become another victim of the credit crunch. Early next year I predict.

Anonymous said...

I think I speak for the overwhelming silence here: her insights and letting rip seem neither insighful not particularly provocative. The 66th biggest marketing blog in Australia? It might as well be the 37th best toilet cleaning blog in Singapore. I never read her, I won't miss her. Next...

Anonymous said...

I saw a pigeon attack a cat this morning.

Anonymous said...

I once saw a rat attack a crow

Anonymous said...

Scamp, you look digitally suicidal. You're turning your once very informative and engaging blog into a good place for worthless exchange of idiot replies between genetic errors. I think it's time you did something about it.

Anonymous said...

Tuesday tomorrow.
I feel a tip coming on.
Make it a blinder Scamp.

neilperkin said...

You could try Tom Fishburne at Method...
http://www.tomfishburne.com/tomfishburne/

Scamp said...

Thanks Neil, looks good. I will add to sidebar.

Scamp said...

4.49 - I've recently amended the house rules to insist that criticism by anonymous commenters must be either constructive or amusing. But there's no ban on stories of inter-species aggression.

faris said...

a wank indeed? goodness me. ;-)

Vando said...

Cheers Scamp, thanks for the send off....love the blog.

And Faris, who ever said wanking was not a good thing ;-)