Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Ad Blog Charts

Here's the Ad Blog Charts for March.

This time I've used Technorati rather than Alexa rankings, in other words it's based on number of links rather than traffic (incidentally Technorati also only ranks blogs, not websites in general).

A better method, do you think, or not?

The results are not amazingly dissimilar to last time, though some of the planners blogs have gone a bit higher - which sees Faris and Adliterate enter the chart. Congrats to them.


Top 25 Ad Blogs


  (world
  ranking)
1AdRants 627
2Advertising/Design Goodness 1,117
3AdFreak 1,761
4Adverblog 2,368
5Jaffe Juice 3,040
6Logic + Emotion 3,199
7Russell Davies 3,564
8Adverbox 3,615
9Hee-Hawmarketing 4,640
10Adland 5,679
11Twenty Four 6,695
12How Advertising Spoiled Me 8,096
13AdPulp 10,244
14Advertising For Peanuts 12,209
15Hidden Persuader 12,443
16Experience Curve 14,192
17Copyranter 14,442
18Adliterate 15,698
19Beyond Madison Avenue 15,826
20Coloribus 16,999
21American Copywriter 17,483
22Faris20,003
23Welcome To Optimism 23,037
24Ad Hunt 25,029
25Make The Logo Bigger 27,360


Top 10 UK Ad Blogs
  (world
  ranking)
1Russell Davies3,564
2Adliterate15,698
3Faris20,003
4Welcome To Optimism23,037
5Beeker39,283
6Scamp44,415
7FishNChimps50,863
8AdScam51,657
9What If...65,053
10Gwen Yip90,536


UK means UK-based. Ad blog means ad blogs not marketing blogs, hence no Gapingvoid. Paul Colman requested Life In The Middle not be classed as an ad blog, so Paul is not there. Also, I'm only counting English language blogs.

No doubt I've missed one out. Do let me know and I'll put it in next month.

11 comments:

Make the logo bigger said...

I want to thank the little people who I will continue to step on in the future to remain on the list.

FishNChimps said...

Darn it, that means dirty tricks used to get pervs to visit my dodgy posts aren't going to work any more.

hugh macleod said...

gapingvoid is an ad blog, isn;t it? ;-)

Paul H. Colman said...

While I'm uninterested in being included in the list, I do quite like being mentioned in the blurb underneath the it. Makes me sound quite pompous, in a way I quite like.

Paul McEnany said...

woot! Damnit, Hugh. Do you really need more attention! :)

Jon Howard (Living Brands) said...

Sad I know (& I'm not completely convinced I read Technorati data correctly), but I think this makes me in with a bullet at no.5 in the UK chart - hey,it's important to me ;-)

http://www.technorati.com/search/jonhoward.typepad.com/livingbrands

(And I'm sure there's others out there who would beat me anyway)

Scamp said...

Jon - sorry I missed you off, I'll put you in next time. Keep up the good work at Living Brands, I really enjoyed checking it out today.

Paul - happy to continue mentioning that I'm not going to mention you...

Hugh - I don't know how to classify gapingvoid really. Is it a blog about advertising or... is it that the blog IS a form of advertising? Plus you're doing the marketing for Stormhoek and English Cut, right, not just our tiddly advertising bit? I suspect you're some kind of hybrid and we'll have to invent a special table just for you...

Jason Lonsdale said...

I was going to post that perhaps I was a sitter for tenth place (http://www.technorati.com/blogs/http%3A%2F%2Fmemehuffer.typepad.com) but that would have meant knocking Gwen off the list, and her blog is way more interesting than mine.

But it seems that Jon has popped me out of the top 10 anyway (sigh)

Scamp said...

Jason you are right, it should have been you in tenth place.

To atone for my error, I shall now add Memehuffer to my blogroll, which i should have done before anyway as it is good.

Amelia said...

How do you classify an "ad" blog, I think Only Dead Fish is great but not written by someone in a classic ad agency, but about advertising, brands, ideas etc

Faris said...

Thanks brother.